Community

We are a trusted community of parents, carers, career coaches, legal experts, thought leaders and supportive friends.

Grace Papers is designed for working parents and caregivers, by working parents and caregivers. We are here to provide you with support, knowledge and confidence – and a vision and plan – for your career ambition, that still gives you the freedom to care for self, care for others and care for the community.

Learn more about how we support parents and carers via our Employee Experience Platform.

Research shows that taking parental leave and working flexibly can expose you to unintended biases that can impact your career goals. It’s a systemic issue, but our strategies, guidance and support ensure you keep in touch and remain visible to keep your career on track.

Find out how  

The current query has no posts. Please make sure you have published items matching your query.

Articles

Should working grandparents be allowed to take time off and share parental leave pay to help care for their grandchildren? The UK government thinks so.

Meet Wendy McCarthy, a veteran campaigner for women’s rights in Australia.

What can we do to ensure our daughters don’t have to battle the same misogyny and discrimination that women face on a daily basis?

Laws to protect workers’ health and safety exist in all Australian jurisdictions. While WHS laws do not specifically cover workplace discrimination, they …

Not all mothers find pregnancy to be a blissful time, here are some strategies for those women who are struggling.

We take a look at groundbreaking research that uncovers the sobering state of working women in corporate America.

We pay homage to Jessica Halloran’s courageous activism when it comes to standing up to the relentless sexism that manifests in Australian media.

Its time that the Brownlow medals start to respect the women that walk the read carpet.

We congratulate the Matilda’s for standing up for themselves and women in sport through their campaign to receive minimum wage.

Anne-Marie Slaughter has had a spectacular career. But it was her article and TED Talk: Can we all "have it all" that shot her to fame. 

We share with you the ‘highlights’ of this year’s Golden Ernie awards.

Introducing Mim Bartlett, advocate, activist and social change maker.

We reflect on this years Emmy Awards and the fantastic #SmartGirlsAsk initiative

We reflect on the story of journalist and commentator Tracey Spicer, who was subjected to blatant discrimination during her time at Channel 10.

Live Coaching

Our live coaching events help our community connect and find their voice on issues that matter. Sessions are virtual and feature an inspiring range of professionals and industry leaders who share both their expertise and lived experience, as we address everything from career and care to health and happiness. Best of all, the coaching format invites you to ask your questions too.

If you would like to join us for a live coaching session, please submit your request below and we will be in touch with steps to register.

“I really appreciated the chance to participate in recent Grace Papers online events. It felt like an opportunity to celebrate the workplace flexibility that was being simultaneously experienced by all the participants as a result of the COVID restrictions at the time. Grace Papers and its program has always provided me with the reassurance that ‘I am not alone’ and given me strength to really consider what I want my work to look like after having children.

From these recent events, the question of ‘what sparks joy in your role’ really struck a chord with me. I’ve also thought a lot more about the rituals in my life that are important to me and how best to work with those around me to communicate my needs. It encouraged me to ponder the value of the softer leadership skills in today’s world. I have also thought a lot more about the role models and potential sponsors in my life that can further assist me in working towards a fulfilling return to work.”

More stories

Elspeth DeFanti

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Victoria

Download The Grace Paper

An annual collection of our thoughts, interviews and news to drive workplace flexibility and inclusion. Grab a cuppa and enjoy or send on to friends and colleagues.

Build a more equal workplace and create lasting change, today.

Book demo