Community

We are a trusted community of parents, carers, career coaches, legal experts, thought leaders and supportive friends.

Grace Papers is designed for working parents and caregivers, by working parents and caregivers. We are here to provide you with support, knowledge and confidence – and a vision and plan – for your career ambition, that still gives you the freedom to care for self, care for others and care for the community.

Learn more about how we support parents and carers via our Employee Experience Platform.

Research shows that taking parental leave and working flexibly can expose you to unintended biases that can impact your career goals. It’s a systemic issue, but our strategies, guidance and support ensure you keep in touch and remain visible to keep your career on track.

Find out how  

The current query has no posts. Please make sure you have published items matching your query.

Articles

We take a look at some of the crucial mistakes that Cricket Australia continues to make when it comes to gender inequality.

We take a look at the links between women’s economic empowerment and violence against women.

We need to improve Australia’s Paid Parental Leave scheme, here’s how.

Today we celebrate the work of mother, barrister and philanthropist Cherie Blair.

Here’s how to celebrate Valentine’s day as a busy parent.

Whether you’re pregnant, on leave or have returned to work there’s a lot to benefit from doing the Grace Papers program. If …

Yes, you can absolutely breastfeed at work! Australian law provides that if you wish to continue breastfeeding after you return to paid work, …

Once we emerge from the baby haze, many of us look forward to sharing our proudest achievement with our colleagues. But we …

For such an important conversation you might want to think about how you feel and dress. It is central that you feel …

If a pregnant employee wants to work in the 6 weeks before her due date her employer can ask for a medical …

Your period of maternity leave may start up to 6 weeks before the expected date of birth of your child (or earlier …

The legislation and your entitlements surrounding pregnancy and parental leave can be difficult to navigate. There are some great summaries online, and …

Being made redundant can happen to anyone, at anytime including while you are pregnant or on parental leave, provided they are “genuine.” …

Determining whether you have experienced discrimination can be tricky, and even harder to prove. Discrimination can occur when applying for a job, …

Learn how to navigate, your entitlements, your career, and finances if you fall pregnant while on parental leave.

Live Coaching

Our live coaching events help our community connect and find their voice on issues that matter. Sessions are virtual and feature an inspiring range of professionals and industry leaders who share both their expertise and lived experience, as we address everything from career and care to health and happiness. Best of all, the coaching format invites you to ask your questions too.

If you would like to join us for a live coaching session, please submit your request below and we will be in touch with steps to register.

“I really appreciated the chance to participate in recent Grace Papers online events. It felt like an opportunity to celebrate the workplace flexibility that was being simultaneously experienced by all the participants as a result of the COVID restrictions at the time. Grace Papers and its program has always provided me with the reassurance that ‘I am not alone’ and given me strength to really consider what I want my work to look like after having children.

From these recent events, the question of ‘what sparks joy in your role’ really struck a chord with me. I’ve also thought a lot more about the rituals in my life that are important to me and how best to work with those around me to communicate my needs. It encouraged me to ponder the value of the softer leadership skills in today’s world. I have also thought a lot more about the role models and potential sponsors in my life that can further assist me in working towards a fulfilling return to work.”

More stories

Elspeth DeFanti

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Victoria

Download The Grace Paper

An annual collection of our thoughts, interviews and news to drive workplace flexibility and inclusion. Grab a cuppa and enjoy or send on to friends and colleagues.

Build a more equal workplace and create lasting change, today.

Book demo