Community

We are a trusted community of parents, carers, career coaches, legal experts, thought leaders and supportive friends.

Grace Papers is designed for working parents and caregivers, by working parents and caregivers. We are here to provide you with support, knowledge and confidence – and a vision and plan – for your career ambition, that still gives you the freedom to care for self, care for others and care for the community.

Learn more about how we support parents and carers via our Employee Experience Platform.

Research shows that taking parental leave and working flexibly can expose you to unintended biases that can impact your career goals. It’s a systemic issue, but our strategies, guidance and support ensure you keep in touch and remain visible to keep your career on track.

Find out how  

The current query has no posts. Please make sure you have published items matching your query.

Articles

At Viva Energy Australia, our new superannuation policy for working parents demonstrates our deep commitment to our employees.

Resilience is a muscle and one that we need to continue building in 2022. While we would all like to leave the pandemic in 2021, if we fail to address it and implement strategies to mitigate against it, we are going to run the risk of burnout.

November 25th is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and marks the start of the ‘16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence’, an annual international campaign which calls for the prevention and elimination of violence against women and girls.

Senior HR Advisor at the Department of Communities and Justice, and a mother of three, Sarah Giblin has had years to learn how to balance home and work. Here, Sarah opens up about taking the time to think big, learning to squash the guilt, and how knowing her value helps her stay present - no matter what room she is in.

In 2017, the Pew Research Center sat down with 4573 Americans and asked them to list three adjectives to describe how men and women should and shouldn’t be. The questionnaire revealed positive attributes for a woman included ‘kindness’, ‘compassion’ and ‘responsibility’.

The pandemic has disproportionately impacted women in the workforce - so can we tackle gendered expectations at work and home?

Neuroscientist and author, Dr. Sarah McKay, debunks the ‘baby brain’ myth and explains how mothers can use neuroscience to empower themselves.

Spatial Data Analyst at TransGrid, Michael Lowe, shares what he’s learned about flexibility, his parenting legacy, and the art of knowing when to stop listening to unsolicited advice.

In a time of economic precarity and global uncertainty it only becomes more uncomfortable to announce you’re expecting. Here, we reveal our top tips to navigating ‘the conversation’ with your boss.

General Manager of Foodco at Woolworths, Adam Mitchell, shares what he’s learned about balancing career and care, raising boys to embody healthy masculinity, and trusting his team to do the right thing.

To renew our energy for the remainder of what has simply been an extraordinary year, we spoke to APAC Inclusion and Diversity Leader at Amazon Web Services, Lauren Jauncey, and Grace Papers executive coach, Amanda Meehan, about how to create a professional vision for the future and why it’s important to have one.

While conversations around women’s health have improved, stigma around pregnancy and miscarriage remains. There is still so much we cannot control around our fertility, however, we can educate ourselves on the facts. Here, we clear up the common fertility myths.

Dr. Emma Fulu appeared to have it all. An international career working for the United Nations, a happy marriage, three children. Here, she opens up about what went wrong and how she found her way to a better place.

As we attempt to thrive - not just survive - in the juggle that is 2020, Grace Papers reveals some small rituals of connection that will have a big impact for parents and children in (or out) of lockdown.

Male leaders explore the notion of healthy masculinity and how dads can actively dismantle gender inequality through engagement in the household.

Live Coaching

Our live coaching events help our community connect and find their voice on issues that matter. Sessions are virtual and feature an inspiring range of professionals and industry leaders who share both their expertise and lived experience, as we address everything from career and care to health and happiness. Best of all, the coaching format invites you to ask your questions too.

If you would like to join us for a live coaching session, please submit your request below and we will be in touch with steps to register.

“I really appreciated the chance to participate in recent Grace Papers online events. It felt like an opportunity to celebrate the workplace flexibility that was being simultaneously experienced by all the participants as a result of the COVID restrictions at the time. Grace Papers and its program has always provided me with the reassurance that ‘I am not alone’ and given me strength to really consider what I want my work to look like after having children.

From these recent events, the question of ‘what sparks joy in your role’ really struck a chord with me. I’ve also thought a lot more about the rituals in my life that are important to me and how best to work with those around me to communicate my needs. It encouraged me to ponder the value of the softer leadership skills in today’s world. I have also thought a lot more about the role models and potential sponsors in my life that can further assist me in working towards a fulfilling return to work.”

More stories

Elspeth DeFanti

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Victoria

Download The Grace Paper

An annual collection of our thoughts, interviews and news to drive workplace flexibility and inclusion. Grab a cuppa and enjoy or send on to friends and colleagues.

Build a more equal workplace and create lasting change, today.

Book demo